Whitening your teeth is a fantastic way to boost your self-confidence. A brighter smile can brighten your overall appearance, making you stand out. However, teeth whitening solutions don’t last forever, and you will need to avoid certain foods and habits if you want to keep your smile bright for as long as possible.
To best maintain those bright, white teeth, you should:
- Avoid eating certain foods, like berries, tomato sauce, and sugary foods.
- Limit your intake of beverages that cause staining, like red wine, tea, and coffee.
- Brush your teeth after eating and drinking, especially if you consume foods or drinks that are more likely to stain your teeth.
- When drinking corrosive or staining beverages, try using a straw to limit contact between your teeth and the beverage.
- Do not smoke. Smoking can turn your teeth brown or yellow.
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings.
- Talk to your dentist about touch-up options to keep your teeth at their brightest.
At Gibson Dental, we understand the importance of a beautiful, bright smile. If you have questions about keeping your teeth bright, always feel free to ask our dental team.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Madison, AL
Drs. McKenna and Matt Gibson love helping patients brighten their teeth with teeth whitening solutions in Madison, AL. If you’re in need of a whiter smile, reach out to our office today to schedule an appointment.