Tooth sensitivity can have many causes, but it’s essential to contact your Madison, AL dentist if you suddenly develop this issue. Sensitivity can mean underlying cavities or early gum disease. In some cases, it even indicates an early tooth infection.
At your dental checkup, your dentist will look for underlying causes of your tooth sensitivity. If we don’t find the culprit, we may suggest a fluoride treatment to strengthen your teeth and help reduce or eliminate sensitivity.
A member of our team can also offer advice on caring for sensitive teeth at home, including:
- Avoidance of hot or cold foods and drinks
- Avoidance of acidic foods and drinks
- Recommendations for a specialty toothpaste
- Switching to a softer-bristled toothbrush
- Rinsing with a mild mouthwash formulated for sensitive teeth
- Stopping teeth whitening products temporarily
We want you to enjoy a healthy smile that is comfortable and functional. But, unfortunately, tooth sensitivity can get in the way of that!
Evaluations for Sensitive Teeth in Madison, AL
Don’t let tooth sensitivity keep you from the dentist. In many cases, we can combat this issue and restore your well-being. Give us a call today if you have questions or if you’d like to arrange a dental health evaluation and teeth cleaning.